The annual Giant Used Book Sale takes place Saturday, May 16, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in front of the IGA Marketplace.
The sale is run by the Friends of the Whistler Public Library and all funds collected go towards Whistler library needs. All books are sold by donation.
Organizer Jane Reid says there will be thousands of books available at this year's sale, including a large number of non-fiction books, many science-oriented, that were part of a very large local donation. A part of this donation has already made its way into the library collection.
There will also be fiction, children's, hardcover, softcover and old books for sale.
The Friends of the Whistler Public Library have funded several worthy library needs over the past couple of years, including:
• $8,000 for recent purchase of four ottomans, six board-room chairs, and three comfortable armchairs to increase much needed seating in the library.
• $2,000 for large plants and containers for the library
• $6,000 for coffee machine for public use in library
• $5,000 start-up fee for library to become a member organization of the Community Foundation of Whistler to allow library bequests and endowments
• $700 for children's book purchases from Adopt-A-Book program.
February 23, 2017, 1:03 AM
Officials torn over $6.8M price tag More...
February 23, 2017, 1:02 AM
Council Briefs: Parking lot to be waterproofed More...
February 23, 2017, 1:01 AM
Sea to Sky joins host of other school districts trying out a no-grades approach to reporting More...