Occupation: Professional Forester
Furthest place travelled: Australia (Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney)
Describe yourself in five words or less. Calm, cool, collective, curious and respectful
What is something people would be surprised to learn about you? I have enjoyed playing soccer throughout my life. May be it was my passion for the soccer that my first paid job was coaching a high school soccer team.
What do you see as the top election issues? I think the top election issues are sustainable jobs, questionable transit system, oceanfront development, cohesive council, and emerging community needs.
What would you do to enhance the environment for business? To create a supportive environment that will attract new business for the creation of sustainable jobs and economic opportunities including:
· by marketing the natural setting of Squamish to attract new businesses;
· by providing relocation assistance in terms of tax breaks to new businesses;
· by streamlining government authorizations and approvals for all new projects;
· by investigating various options to find a solution to revitalize the downtown including the Squamish Oceanfront; and,
· by diversifying the industry and employment.
Give an example of a difficult situation you have overcome. In 2007, my whole family survived in a serious car accident on the HWY 99. It made me stronger, changed my perspective about life, and prepared me make a contribution to the society.
January 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
While Whistler unlikely to follow suit, both communities looking to streamline enforcement efforts More...
January 21, 2017, 11:20 AM
Also, RMOW seeking feedback on proposed transportation plans More...
January 19, 2017, 1:03 AM
Whistler welcomes family of Syrian refugees More...