The Ironman Canada Whistler/Pemberton Triathlon event takes place tomorrow Sunday, Aug. 25 and motorists are advised to expect delays on Highway 99 in the Whistler/Pemberton area between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Highway 99 delays and closures will be in effect between Callaghan Valley Road, south of Whistler, and Portage Road in Pemberton at various times throughout the day.
Whistler area closures:
• Highway 99 closed to southbound traffic from Alpine Way in Whistler to Callaghan Valley Road between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
• Highway 99 will remain open to northbound traffic all day up to Alpine Way in Whistler, however, delays should be anticipated and no left turns are allowed.
• Callaghan Valley Road closed from 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. (noon). Whistler - Pemberton closures:
• Highway 99 closed to northbound traffic between Alpine Way in Whistler and Portage Road in Pemberton from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Highway 99 closed to southbound traffic between Portage Road in Pemberton and Alpine Way in Whistler from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pemberton area closures:
• Pemberton Meadows Road closed northbound from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Pemberton Meadows Road closed southbound from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Motorists are advised to plan their travel well in advance, drive with caution and obey all traffic control personnel.
In addition to the above closures, there will also be some local roadway closures in connection with this event. For specific traffic delays and the event route, visit: www.drivebc.ca and www.ironman.ca
Pick up a copy of this week's Pique for more information on the event and an easy-to-read map on the closures, access to the Valley Trail and more.