What: 3 rd Annual Boot Ballet Amateur Night
Where: Boot Pub
When: Saturday, Feb. 12
Soccer moms take pole-dancing classes. Mainstream celebrities hock strip-aerobics tapes on primetime television. For all appearances stripping has become as benign as playing bridge.
Except for the getting naked part. Anyone can grind along with Dave Navarros wife in yoga pants and a tank top, but take it outside the living room and its a whole other ballgame strictly the domain of the daring.
Whistler girls are known for having a bit of a daring side, which is why Whistlers exotic dance institution the Boot Pubs Boot Ballet is once again bringing back its annual amateur night. A couple of Ballet pros will be on hand to get things in motion and then any girl who wants to give it a go can put their best breast forward.
Participants can take off as little or as much as they want but enthusiasm figures largely when the cash prizes are doled out.
And those that are considering it should prepare for an enthusiastic crowd. Since debuting in 2003, amateur night has proven to be one of the most popular nights of the year at the club with lineups out the door and into the parking lot.
So there it is girls. Cash is at hand. Signing up is as easy as calling the Boots info line at 604-932-3338, ext. 221. All you have to do is doff your duds and shake what your mama gave you in front of a packed house of guys youll inevitably run into again.
Would you do it?
As amateur night draws near, Piques Shelley Arnusch asked the girls of Whistler that very question...
1. "No, I would not do it. Because the only dance moves I know are the moves from Napoleon Dynamite ."
Bronwen Foster-Butler (20)
2. "No, because Id feel like a dirtbag."
Nada Shureih (21)
3. "No. I just dont want to be naked in front of a whole lot of people I dont know. Plus I dont know how to dance, I have a fear of poles and I have an ugly scar on my ass."
Sarah Ash (19)
4. "Id have to be severely drunk to do it. Otherwise I wouldnt do it."
Tanya Phillips (23)
5. "Hell Yeah Id do it! Ill try anything once."
Logan Smith (22)
6. "Personally, I wouldnt do it. But its cool if other girls have the balls to get up and strip."
Kelly Cheeseman (26)
January 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
While Whistler unlikely to follow suit, both communities looking to streamline enforcement efforts More...
January 21, 2017, 11:20 AM
Also, RMOW seeking feedback on proposed transportation plans More...
January 19, 2017, 1:03 AM
Whistler welcomes family of Syrian refugees More...