Fire breaks out at Upper Village condo complex 

No injuries reported at Snowy Creek electrical fire

click to enlarge PHOTO BY BRADEN DUPUIS - Firefighters examine the scene of a suspected electrical fire at the Snowy Creek condo complex in the Upper Village on Saturday, Dec. 30.
  • Photo by Braden Dupuis
  • Firefighters examine the scene of a suspected electrical fire at the Snowy Creek condo complex in the Upper Village on Saturday, Dec. 30.

A fire broke out at an Upper Village condo complex on Saturday night, Dec. 30, confirmed the Whistler Fire Rescue Service.

Deputy Fire Chief Chris Nelson said the fire at the Snowy Creek condo building on Blackcomb Way is now contained. It’s believed to have been started by an overloaded electrical panel, said Nelson. No injuries were reported.

Several vacation rental services rent out nightly units at the complex. Nelson said most occupants were able to find alternative accommodation, and he was unsure how many people, if any, had been displaced.

Red Cross Emergency Social Services were set up at the Whistler Public Library on Saturday night for those in need of emergency accommodation or supplies.

Anyone in need of emergency assistance should call 604-966-4845.

Check back with Pique as this story develops.

Tags: ,

Speaking of Fire

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Readers also liked…

Latest in Whistler

More by Brandon Barrett

Sponsored Content

A simple solution for hard-to-heat spaces

Keeping your home warm and comfortable for yourself and your family is a priority...more.

© 1994-2018 Pique Publishing Inc., Glacier Community Media

- Website powered by Foundation