Whistler's hotel scene was well represented among Condé Nast Traveler's Top 10 Resorts in Canada: Readers' Choice Awards for 2021.
The luxury travel magazine's readers named the iconic Fairmont Chateau Whistler the best resort in Canada, determined by a score of 99.64.
It was the first of four local resorts that earned a spot on the top 10 list this year: Creekside's Nita Lake Lodge was the second-highest-scoring Whistler resort, taking fourth place with a score of 96.66, followed by Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside in fifth with a score of 95. The Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler was also named on the list, landing in eighth place with a score on 91.
The ranking, announced Tuesday, Oct. 5, was determined by hundreds of thousands of Condé Nast Traveler readers who shared personal ratings of their travel experiences based on a specific set of criteria.
The Fairmont brand earned high honours overall, with the company's Jasper Park Lodge, Chateau Lake Louise, Mont-Tremblant and Banff Springs locations earning third, sixth, ninth and 10th place, respectively.
"These awards represent the best of the best within our industry, and we are honoured to have been recognized as leaders," read a statement from Gregor Resch, Fairmont Banff Springs general manager and regional vice president for Fairmont Canada's western mountain region.
Here's the full list:
1. Fairmont Chateau Whistler - Whistler, B.C.
2. Wickaninnish Inn - Tofino, B.C.
3. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge - Jasper, Alta.
4. Nita Lake Lodge - Whistler, B.C.
5. Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside - Whistler, B.C.
6. Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Lake Louise, Alta.
7. Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa - Brentwood Bay, B.C.
8. Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler - Whistler, B.C.
9. Fairmont Tremblant - Mont-Tremblant, Que.
10. Fairmont Banff Springs - Banff, Alta.