There are evacuation orders and expanding alerts for areas due to immediate wildfire danger.
The PRRD issued a pair of orders for Donnie Creek and Tommy Lakes early Tuesday morning.
“This area is primarily used by forestry, and gas and oil industry operations,” note officials.
The Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
77 km and North on the Tommy Lakes Road,
Extending east to Wendy Lake,
To the border with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality in the North.
“If you are north of the 89 km mark on Tommy Lakes Road, proceed south on Tommy Lakes Road to Highway 97 South to Fort St John," note officials.
* * *
An evac order was also issued by the PRRD for Cameron River.
The Cameron River Evacuation Order is in effect for Upper Halfway Road from Cameron River to Lexau Ranch.
"You must leave the area immediately."
- Travel to Chetwynd via Highway 97 to Highway 29N
- Register for Emergency Support Services (ESS):
- At the Chetwynd Rec Center, 4552 N Access Rd, Chetwynd, BC
- If the center is closed when you arrive, call 250-556-4173
- Note that anyone who needs a hotel room will be diverted to Prince George.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call 1-800-670-7773
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close and lock all windows and
- Close gates (latch)
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles then you have
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell and charger and keys) only if they are immediately Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and BC Wildfire Services regularly for current information.